Friday, August 12, 2005

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?


"A man without legs
Cannot run a marathon
Or go to buy beer"

That was my first attempt at a Haiku. I thought that while I was here in Japan I'd get into the cultural swing of things. School girl underpants, tramp murder and ritual suicide are on the list as well. But one thing at a time.
Of course I'm eating my "Pocky" and drinking a "Draft One" but I hanker after something a little more rewarding but, and rightly so, the days of the Samauri gone. I think the last of them were vapourised at Hiroshima August 6th 1945. That was the day my mother was born. A wonderful event never made the news that day. The eyes of the worlds media were elsewhere and the papers were full of pictures of delerious de-mobbed allied troops and the care worn faces of our crest fallen enemies. "Power is power". Thats what the Japanese say and I think they fully understand the meaning of that expression.
There's a huge electrical storm building over the sea just off the coast of Yokohama right now. It's expected to last about three to four days and it looks as though it could be quite spectacular. The sky is full of white hot electricity and is turning an unearthly and biblical shade of red. This could be an "Etherquake" and should go quite well with the tremors that we get down here on the ground every few days. I love these kind of dramatic weather fronts. I'm quite excited and feel a little childish. There's mischief afoot on a night like this...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Fan